Long & Short Term Pet Boarding - Serving the Lancaster, PA Area
Professional Care by Professionals Who Care
Looking for a clean and comfortable pet boarding facility in the Lancaster, PA area? Since 1971, Gochenauer Kennels has been caring for family pets throughout the Lancaster area.
We offer climate-controlled pet boarding facilities for both cats and dogs. Your pet is always treated like a member of our own family and provided with all the essentials to keep them happy and healthy until you return.
Our dog boarding facilities offer individual kennel runs with climate-controlled living quarters and an attached secure exercise area. A sliding door, controlled and operated by our pet care technicians, divides the living quarters from the exercise area. Dishes and bedding are provided.
Our professional staff attends to your dog's needs daily. To get an idea of what your dog will experience in our dog boarding facility, here is the typical daily routine that we follow at Gochenauer Kennels.
- 7AM-9AM: Lights on. Dogs to outside elimination area. Living quarters cleaned and disinfected.
- 7AM-9AM: Morning medication administered.
- 8AM-10AM: Breakfast and snacks served.
- 8AM-11AM: Scheduled walks and playtimes. Outside elimination areas cleaned and disinfected.
- 10AM-12PM: Dogs to outside elimination area. Living quarters cleaned and disinfected as needed.
- 10AM-12PM: Lunch and snacks served. Scheduled walks and playtimes.
- 1PM-3PM: Scheduled walks and playtimes.
- 2PM-4PM: Dinner and snacks served.
- 4PM-6PM: Evening medications administered.
- 4PM-6PM: Dogs to outside elimination area. Living quarters cleaned and disinfected as needed. Beds prepared and snacks served.
- Later in the evening: Dogs to outside elimination area. Lights out for the evening.
Dogs have access to the exercise area for fifteen to forty-five minutes during each period. We may alter the scheduled times and duration of the exercise periods due to inclement weather or conditions beyond our control. This is at the discretion of the staff on duty. We have a Veterinary approved exercise plan.
We love to pamper your pets with one on one time. We offer discounted activity packages or you can customize your pets stay by choosing from a variety of A La Carte options. Please see our rates page for details.
We also offer dog grooming services! Take advantage of our professional dog grooming services while your dog stays with us!
Our cat boarding area features climate-controlled, all-indoor living quarters and is completely separate from the dog kennel area. Your cat will have ample room for lounging and exercise. Dishes, bedding, litter and litter pan are provided.
Extra service offered:
Our professional staff attends to your cat's needs daily. To get an idea of what your cat will experience while staying at Gochenauer Kennels, here is the typical daily routine that we follow.
- 7:00am-9:00am - Lights on. Living quarters are cleaned and disinfected.
- 8:00am-10:00am - Breakfast and snacks served. Morning medication administered.
- 11:00am-1:00pm - Lunch and snacks served. Living quarters cleaned and disinfected as needed.
- 3:00pm-5:00pm - Dinner and snacks served. Evening medication administered. Living quarters are cleaned and disinfected as needed.
- Later in evening - Beds prepared and snacks served. Lights out for the evening.
Our pet boarding facility offers clean, climate-controlled enclosures with natural lighting, plenty of room for exercise and a fresh air return system that provides a healthy and comfortable environment in any weather.
All pets are fed a diet of premium quality foods. Or if you prefer, we will prepare and feed any food that you provide. If you provide your own food, we ask that you pre-bag each individual portion and send only the amount your pet will consume during their stay.
Can be administered by qualified personnel as prescribed by your veterinarian. (Small fee applies)
We will provide your pet with appropriate bedding. All bedding is thoroughly washed and sanitized between uses.
* For sanitary reasons we will not accept bedding from home.
Toys & Treats
Bring any treats or toys you would like your pet to enjoy while boarding at Gochenauer Kennels. We kindly ask that you please keep toys and other belongings to a minimum.
Please provide us with a vaccination certificate from your veterinarian prior to your pets arrival. Vaccines must be verified before we can accept your pet. Pets without vaccine verification will not be accepted. We require the following vaccinations:
- Distemper/Parvo virus
Our boarding facility is conveniently located on Fruitville Pike in Lititz, Pa, an easy drive from nearby Lancaster, Pa and the surrounding area. Kennel tours are available from mid-September to mid-May, by appointment, on Wednesdays from 4:00pm to 6:00pm. This is usually our slowest time of the year, allowing you to view our pet boarding facilities, while providing minimal disruption to the pets in our care.